All Admissions documents can be uploaded to your Application Account
OR by postal mailed to: Attn: Admissions, 20 Church Street, New Haven, CT. 06510
All degree seeking students must submit the following before being admitted to the College:
1. Immunization Records
If you were born after December 31, 1956, Connecticut State Law requires that all full-time (degree and non-degree) and part-time matriculating students enrolled in postsecondary schools be adequately protected against measles, mumps, and rubella. In addition, beginning on August 1, 2010, all full-time and matriculating students, except those born in the continental United States prior to January 1, 1980, must provide proof of immunization against varicella (chickenpox). Students must have two (2) doses of each vaccine administered at least one (1) month apart to insure adequate immunization.
Please call the Immunization Department at (203) 285-2275 if you have any questions regarding immunization records.
If you are a student in need of an immunization and do not have a primary care physician, the following resources may be of assistance:
2. Proof of High School Graduation
- A copy of your high school diploma, or
- High School transcripts verifying your graduation date, or
- GED verification
- If you attended high school under any other name, please make sure all names are noted on the transcript.
- Newly graduating High School Seniors must submit their diploma/transcripts upon graduation.
- If you earned a degree at another college, we will accept your diploma/transcripts in lieu of proof of High School completion.
- If you have an international high school diploma, it must be translated into English by a notarized translation service.
3. SAT &/or ACT Scores (if applicable)
- If you have taken the SAT and/or ACT test, you may submit your test scores to be considered for a waiver from the placement test.
- SAT minimum scores needed:
- Math of 500 or higher = College Level Math
- Critical Reading or Writing scores of 450 or higher = College Level English
- ACT minimum scores:
- Math of 18 or higher = College Level Math
- English of 21 or higher, or English/Reading combination of 47 or higher = College Level English
What to Do
- Click here to access the College Board's website to send scores
- Click here to access the ACT site to send scores
- Send to the Admissions Office
4. Course-By-Course Evaluation with GPA
- If you attended another college or university, official transcripts are required to transfer credits and/or be waived from placement testing.
- If you have not received your official transcripts, an unofficial copy may be used until you receive one.
- International transcripts must be translated into English and a course-by-course evaluation provided by an evaluation service listed within the www.naces.org members webpage.
What to Do
- Contact your previous institution to send your official unopened transcript directly to the Admissions Office
5. Official AP Score Report from College Board
- If you took AP exams during high school and passed the exam with a score of 3 or higher, an official copy of your score report should be submitted to Admissions.
- Official copies must originate from College Board and be sent directly to Admissions.
- Click here to review Gateways AP test score course equivalency and credits