Guided Pathways Advising at Gateway Community College
Mission and Vision
All community college students, from initial registration to completion, are supported by Guided Pathways (GP) Advisors to establish academic and career goals, receive proactive and individualized academic and holistic supports that result in the timely and equitable completion of credentials that lead to employment, transfer, and family sustainable wages.
Guided Pathways Advising is a dynamic student-centered holistic approach grounded in student development and learning. GP Advisors align advising practices with the diverse and unique needs of each individual student in their caseload. GP Advisors advise, advocate, mentor, support, and coach their caseload to reach their individual goals.
Structure of GP Advising:
- Upon registration all students (new and continuing) are assigned to a GP Advisor based on their program or area of study.
- GP Advising does not replace faculty advising. Students are encouraged to connect with their Faculty Advisor based on their program of study and together they support you in reaching your academic, transfer, and career goals. Click Here To Find Your Faculty Advisor
- To identify your advisor, you can visit Degree Works and your assigned advisor(s) will be listed a top of the page or contact the advising office using the above listed phone or email information.
How can my GP Advisor help me?
- Develop your academic and career goals
- Support and collaborate with your faculty/program advisor
- Help you achieve your academic and career goals
- Encourage involvement with campus activities
- Introduce you to community resources both on and off campus
- Help you connect with academic support services such tutoring and study skills
- Empower you to become a self-advocate
- Develop effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Discuss transfer opportunities
Monday and Friday: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday: 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Location: Advisors are temporarily located throughout 4 hubs throughout campus. Our centralized location is N213.