High School Partnerships
Requirements of the Program
- High School Partnerships is available to high school juniors and seniors in Gateway's service area towns and cities
- The student must have an overall "B" average in high school
- The student's guidance counselor must recommend the student for involvement in the program
- The student is required to have ACT or SAT scores, or take a placement exam, in order to partipate
- The student must register on or after the designated High School Partnership date (typically the week prior to the Gateway class start date)
- Students are eligible for only one course per semester
- All tuition and fees are waived for the course, however, students are responsible for books and transportation
- Students must successfully complete one course in order to continue the next semester
- The application process is required each semester.
The Board of Regents for Higher Education has provided an opportunity for high school students to attend a community college prior to graduation.
Students should contact their guidance counselor