Get Transfer Credit Evaluation
Degree credit is granted for credit courses completed within the Connecticut state system of higher education and at all other accredited collegiate institutions in accordance with the following:
- Degree credit shall be granted for all credit courses that are applicable to the objectives of, or equivalent to the course requirements of, the curriculum in which the transferring student enrolls. Credit work, which is not applicable or equivalent to curriculum requirements, shall be accepted for credit at the discretion of the college. Degree credit shall also be granted on the basis of performance on examinations in accordance with standards and limits approved by the board of trustees.
- Credit courses completed with a grade of "Pass" (P) shall be accepted only for degree credit; the "Pass" grade assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computation of student grade point averages.
- Degree credit shall be granted for credit courses completed with a passing letter grade of "C" or better. Such credit courses shall be accepted only for credit, and letter grades assigned by other institutions shall not be recorded or included in computations of student grade point averages. Credits will be accepted for degree and/or certificate seeking students only.
- Notwithstanding the number of degree credits which shall be granted in accordance with the foregoing, the student must complete twenty-five percent of the minimum credit requirements for the degree through course work at Gateway Community College.
- When a student seeks transfer credit for technical specialty courses into an ABET-accredited program, such technical specialty courses should be from ABET-accredited programs. In the case of a request for transfer credit from a non-ABET-accredited program, the college shall provide appropriate means for the validation of the student's competency in the technical specialty course area.