New Haven, CT 06510. 203-285-2000 All Rights Reserved
This comprehensive, 134-hour course prepares students for an entry-level position in a retail pharmacies, hospitals, and nursing homes. Class time is divided between 84 didactic hours and 50 hours of at-home, web-based computer simulation assignments. This is also an excellent prep course for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) national certification exam.
• Medical terminology specific to pharmacy
• Reading and interpreting prescriptions
• Patient and medication safety
• Pharmacy law
• Review of the Top 100 drugs (generic and brand name)
• Indication and significant side effects
• Professionalism, conversion factors in dosage calculations
• IV flow rate and solving compounding problems
Strong math skills up to single-variable algebra are required. The course cost does not include the PTCB exam fee. It is designed and instructed by the CT Pharmacists Association.
Being a convicted felony no longer excludes a student from sitting for the national PTCB exam; students are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
30 Sessions | CRN 2003 CEU 8.4
Tuesday & Thursday, February 7 - May 18 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM - N006 - HYBR
Cost includes U-Pass and The National Exam.