Commercial Drone Operations Certificate Module 1 Online only
MODULE 1 INTRODUCTION TO COMMERCIAL DRONES
Focus: Prepare students for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Part 107 Certified Drone Pilot examination. There is a separate FAA registration fee of $160 for the examination.
From drone science and engineering to weather theory, the role of the FAA regulations and safety procedures
is to prepare students to become certified commercial drone operators. Students will also learn about cloud computing and other technologies that are transforming the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) industry. This course is offered entirely online and can be started at any time.
• Drone systems, Aerodynamics & Performance
• Weight and balance
• Aeronautical decision-making
• Airports and the National Airspace
• Aviation weather and UAV procedures
• Federal Aviation Regulations
• FAA exam and certification
• Introduction to cloud technology
• IoT and AI
• A hybrid cloud with edge capabilities
• Market demand for commercial UAV solutions
• Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) 101
The instructional materials required for this course are included and will be available online.
• PC or Mac device
• Windows 7 or later operating systems
• Mac 10.10 Yosemite or later
• Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible
• Adobe Acrobat Reader