SNAP Employment & Training (E&T) Program
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as food stamps, is a nutrition program that helps low-income individuals and families buy food and stay healthy.
The SNAP E&T program is a job readiness program that prepares adults for employment by offering vocational training, career activities, and support services. Students who successfully complete the program earn a post-secondary certificate. This program is FREE to those that qualify!
To be eligible for the SNAP E&T Program:
- MUST receive SNAP benefits
- MUST have a high school diploma/GED
- CANNOT receive TANF benefits
- CANNOT have previously completed and E&T program at ANY institution
SNAP participants cannot select training programs in which they cannot be legally employed. Participants must be able to perform the duties of the training program they are selecting.
Students that have a HOLD*** within the college system will not be allowed to register for the SNAP E&T program until the financial obligations are met with the college. If you have questions about a financial hold contact the Bursars office
***HOLD—A hold is when the college does not allow you to register for classes because you either owe money, do not have immunizations up to date, or have documentations missing in the system.
Individuals interested in registering for the SNAP E&T program must:
- Take a Math and Reading assessment
- Attend a program orientation
- Meet 1-on-1 with a member of the SNAP E&T team
To begin the registration process click HERE
- Bookkeeping Entry Level
- Bookkeeping Professional National Certificate*
- Business Professional w/Office Assistant Certificate
- Community Health Worker Training Program
- Digital Media and Web Design Training Certificate
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Medical Office Assistant Certificate
- Patient Care Technician Training Program*
- Pharmacy Technician Training*
- Property and Casualty Insurance Training
- ServSafe Food Handler & Manager Training
* There are pre-requisites for these courses.