Rules & Regulations for International Students
- F-1 students are required to pay Out of State Rates, must be enrolled in an associate degree program and maintain full-time status each semester (5 courses).
- If F-1 transfer students, Need Release Form to be filled out from Previous Institution (if applicable).
- International Students are not eligible for Financial Aid.
- International Students are not eligible for off-campus employment.
- If English is not your primary language, an English as a Second Language and Math Placement Test is required. All other students are required to test in Math and American English.
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Varicella Immunization Certification (According to Connecticut State Statute).
- Upon arrival to U.S. must make an appointment to provide copy of passport, approved visa, and I-94 arrival card.
- Additional Information available at: www.online.commnet.edu.
- Change of Status Applicants: Students must be in an approved F-1 status to start classes or new semester.
The college awards no financial aid (scholarships or loans) to international students, nor does the college make housing available. Applicants must be entirely self-supporting and able to meet all financial obligations to the college in full and from their own resources. Employment in the United States should not be planned since immigration laws governing international students are very strict.
Therefore, a notarized letter or affidavit of support must be submitted from a financial sponsor, who must state his/her name and relationship to the applicant. Also, the sponsor must state his/her willingness and ability to meet any financial obligations that are related to studies at Gateway Community College. Financial sponsorship must be equivalent to $30,000 dollars (U.S. currency), which includes $1,000 personal money.