New Haven, CT 06510. 203-285-2000 All Rights Reserved
BASIC RIDER COURSE (BRC)
• BRC is a required course to apply for a Connecticut Motorcycle License
• BRC provides students with classroom and on-cycle instruction
• BRC teaches Awareness, Basic Skills, and Knowledge for rider safety
• BRC provides motorcycles for use during the course.
• BRC class size is limited to 12 riders.
• Valid driver's license
• Over the ankle rubber soled boots, sturdy long pants, long sleeve shirt, full finger gloves, and eye protection
• Department of Transportation (DOT) approved motorcycle helmet - Due to COVID-19 precautions, students must provide their own helmets.
• Access to computer, printer, and Internet. (Student must take and pass the 3+ hour eCourse prior to first class)
• Email address required to obtain free coupon for eCourse
• eCourse Completion Certificate MUST be provided to instructor at first class. The BRC eCourse must be completed within 30 days prior to class start date.
All classes are held at 88 Bassett Road,
North Haven, CT
Class is held in room 131
Entrance is through the main doors in the back parking lot.
REGISTRATION (ONLINE ONLY)
To register for a course, please complete the following:
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the current schedule.
• Students should choose three classes that fit their schedule; they will automatically be enrolled in the first available course.
• The student will receive a confirmation via email, confirming the class enrollment. If the first, second, and/or third choice of classes are full, the student will be contacted and asked to choose another class/set of dates.
• A registration link will be sent via email after a seat is reserved.
CLASSES ARE OFFERED FROM APRIL THROUGH OCTOBER.
Visit ride4ever.org to prepare for your course (download The Basic Rider Course Manual, DMV Motorcycle Operators Manual and study questions in advance), access safety information, and learn all the latest news.
IMPORTANT! NO EXCEPTIONS.
• A $40 fee will be charged for rescheduling.
• Students must reschedule within two weeks prior to the start of the originally scheduled class and should be sure to double-check the dates.
• ALL sessions must be attended. There are no exceptions. Students who are LATE or MISS a class will be unable to complete the course.