Paying for Books
Financial aid students who have enough eligibility can charge books to their account once all their financial aid information is complete. Students may buy books and supplies at the Gateway Community College Follett Company Bookstore. Student financial aid can only be used at the Follett Bookstore located in the Gateway Community College’s North building, first floor.
To start charging books on your financial aid account, you will need to bring the following with you when you go to the bookstore:
- A copy of your class schedule
- Photo identification (ID)
When can I start charging books on my account?
You may begin charging books at the bookstore on January 6, 2023, for the Spring 2023 semester. Students have until February 24, 2023, to charge books at the bookstore with Financial Aid.
Note: Financial Aid will not exceed the end date for purchases.
Bookstore Purchasing Procedures
The purpose of financial aid is to assist students in meeting educational costs and other related expenses. It is possible that you may have to pay for some books if your financial aid award is not enough. The bookstore will establish individual accounts for students.
The procedure for purchasing at the bookstore is as follows:
- You may only buy books and supplemental materials for courses that are listed on your registration form
- Do not buy books for courses you are planning to add/drop
- A reasonable amount of supplies may be purchased after all texts books have been purchased
- Items which may not be purchased during this time are:
- Cell phones, headphones, iPads, and other small electronics are not considered supplies
- Items, which may be bought after all textbooks are purchased must be school related
- The bookstore cannot take back a book that has been "used;" for example, your name is written in it
- Do not write in or on books until you are certain you will not change your program of study or your classes
- If you have unspent money on your account, you will be issued a refund check sometime in late October
Remember, only books returned in "perfect condition" will be accepted for return. Books marked in any way, are returned as "used" at a considerable loss to you. Shrink-wrapped books must be returned in their original packaging.
Update for Students with Financial Aid
Financial Aid students may pre-order their books for pick-up at the Follett Bookstore. Please visit the bookstore to obtain a copy of the form.
- Submit the form and a copy of your final schedule to the bookstore in Room N109 (please check the bookstore for semester submission timeline)
- After you have submitted your form, you will receive a phone call from the bookstore notifying you that your order is ready to be picked up
- Students must come in person to pick up their book order. Your student ID and signature will be required to pick up your order
- Your books will only be held until seven (7) business days after classes start
- Please contact the bookstore manager for business hours, return/exchange policy, any issues, or questions at (203) 865-5614