Federal Verification and What It Means for You
Gateway Community College has established a partnership with Inceptia, a nonprofit organization committed to offering effective and uncomplicated solutions to financial aid management and education, to expedite the federal verification process through use of the Verification Gateway online portal.
If your FAFSA application is selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education, you will receive an introductory email at the email address you provided on the FAFSA. If no email address was provided, you will receive an introductory postcard containing Gateway Community College’s unique website link to start the verification process. Please note that failure to provide the requested verification documents could result in the delay or denial of financial aid.
Follow these steps to complete your verification:
- Access Gateway Community College’s unique website link in the email from VGCS@inceptia.org or by visiting Verification Gateway.
- Create your account and choose preferences for text messages and e-signatures.
- Complete your “Task List.”
- Confirm your signature and review your information.
- Sign your account.
Please note that if you are a dependent student, your parent also needs to create their own account and complete each of the steps.
Questions about the verification process?
You can contact Inceptia directly on Monday, 8:00 AM – 8:30 PM CST, and Tuesday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM CST by calling (888) 374-8427 or emailing VGCS@inceptia.org.
The IRS transcript requirement will be waived if you are eligible to link IRS data to a new or corrected FAFSA and do so using the FAFSAs “Link to the IRS” feature.
If special circumstances prevent you from using the "Link to the IRS" option or from obtaining IRS transcripts, please contact Gateway Community College’s Financial Aid Office at (203) 285-2030.
Where do I bring my unsatisfied requirement paperwork?
All unsatisfied requirement paperwork must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office within five (5) business days of request. Students should make sure all paperwork is filled out completely before submitting. Students should also indicate their Student ID number on all requested paperwork. Only original forms with signatures will be accepted.
Where do I find a copies of the Verification documents?
If your FAFSA is selected by the U.S. Department of Education for verification, you will need to complete, sign, and submit the required form type(s) and provide any other required documentation to the Financial Aid Office. Please select and complete the applicable forms for your verification selection:
- Independent Verification Worksheet 2022-2023
- Dependent Verification Worksheet 2022-2023
- 2022-2023 Statement of Identity and Educational Purpose
- 2022-2023 Student's 2020 Untaxed Income Information
- 2022-2023 Parent's 2020 Untaxed Income Information
- Student's 2020 Additional Financial Information
- Parent's 2020 Additional Financial Information
- 2022-2023 Providing Income & Tax Information