Per Board of Regents' Policy, all individuals on the sex offender registry are required to complete an assessment prior to admission. The process has been outlined below.
- Student Initiates Contact with Dean of Students: N220, (203) 285-2210
- Student provides copies of the following documentation:
- Criminal History (obtained from CT State Police) (
Connecticut only criminal history record search
- Static 2002 Sex Offender Assessment, or comparable assessment
(obtained from Sex Offender Treatment Program)
- Letters of Recommendation/Treatment Progress from Therapist/Clinicians
- Certified Police Report/Original Charges (obtained from State Police or Local Municipalities): Request Form, or Arresting Town)
- Court-imposed conditions/conditions of probation/parole*
- Probatio/Parolen Verification Form: Initial Assessment (Download)
- Documentation from clinicians, therapists, treatment providers (recommended)
- Probation Verification Form: Ongoing Assessment (Download)
- Progress documentation from treatment providers (recommended)
* If not on probation, student needs to provide proof/verification.
- College Reviews Information
- Meeting is scheduled to review all information and conduct assessment.
- Student meets with academic advisor and prepares a schedule
- Student completes SOR Registration Form and delivers to Student Development for approval
- Registration is pending final approval from Dean of Students and Board of Regents.
Recommendation & Dean's Approval
- Student Development sends recommendation to Dean of Students and Board of Regents
- If recommended and approved, student is registered for classes and can pick up copy of schedule in Student Development
- If denied, process ends and individual is not permitted to take classes at this institution.