Academic Affairs

Gateway Community College offers more than 100 academic programs or program options that lead to either an associate degree or a certificate. Depending upon the curriculum that best meets your needs, you can earn an Associate in Arts (AA), an Associate in Science (AS), or and Associate in Applied Science (AAS). The AA and AS degrees are recommended for those students who plan to transfer to a 4-year college or university.

Common Course Number System

The common course number system (CCNS) is helpful to students who are looking to transfer to other colleges or universities. The CCNS makes the transfer process easier within the community college system, and allows for an easier course comparison and transcript evaluation for students transferring within the State University system, to the University of Connecticut, and to other independent institutions.