Interested in a new career? You can become a professional food and beverage server at no cost to you through the Professional Food & Beverage Server Training and Internship program! A professional server has the opportunity for unlimited income, flexible hours, and a job that offers career advancement.
Through the Accelerating Connections to Employment (ACE) Grant, Gateway students can gain work experience in local food establishments while taking a career preparation program in front of the house service. The program lasts 10 weeks (8 in the classroom and 2 in the internship). Courses are team-taught by industry experts, and instructors of basic English or math, depending on the related course content. Students who may struggle with basic skills will receive assistance to can keep up with the coursework.
Click here to learn more about what the jobs are like!
What You Get
• To train in a field where personnel can expect to earn $15-$20+ an hour
• Hands-on work experience such as customer service, professionalism, Point of Sales, styles of service, etc.
• Two national certifications, ServSafe Food Handler® and ServSafe Alcohol®
• Desire to learn in a fast-paced, hospitality/service environment
• Respond positively to feedback from a mentor/supervisor
• Reading, math and occupational readiness assessments
• Background check
• High school diploma or GED
Sign up now! Participants will be selected by lottery — only 20 seats are available.
About the program
Through the Accelerating Connections to Employment (ACE) Grant, Gateway Community College students have the opportunity to attend career preparation programs at Gateway and move quickly into employment. ACE is funded by the U.S. Department of Labor and Annie E. Casey Foundation.
For more information contact Ralph Wright, CT Works, at email@example.com or Erika Lynch at Gateway Community College’s The GREAT Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 285-2302. For more information visit workforcealliance.biz.